Making sure you take care of your vehicle will help your diesel engine run flawlessly for years to come. While it might seem like another thing to add to a seemingly endless to-do list, diesel engine maintenance in Corpus Christi, TX is vitally important—and if you don’t have the time or ability to do it yourself, Coastal Diesel Injection can help. Neglecting your engine can result in overheating or damage to the parts, which necessitates expensive repairs. It’s best to make engine maintenance part of your weekly or monthly routine.
Here’s what you need to do to stay on top of your engine maintenance:
- Keep it clean: Regularly washing your engine and undercarriage can significantly improve performance. When you’re driving, especially on dirt or gravel roads, or in bad weather, your engine can pick up dirt, grime, debris, road salt and other substances. Removing the grime will help keep your vehicle running well.
- Change your oil at the recommended interval: Different diesel engines will have different oil change requirements—check your vehicle’s owner’s manual to find out when the manufacturer recommends changing your oil. Whatever that number is, stick to it—clean oil is essential to keep your engine running smoothly. Old oil accumulates dirt and debris, which can damage your diesel engine in Corpus Christi, TX over time.
- Change your other fluids regularly: In addition to oil, you need to change your other fluids—transmission, coolant and wiper fluids—regularly, too. This helps keep your engine cool and the coolant from freezing, and having enough wiper fluid is key to safe driving even when mud and dirt coat your windshield.
- Replace your filters when needed: Oil, air, fuel and diesel particulate filters (DPF) all need to be changed regularly, too. When left too long, filters can get clogged, which impedes the engine’s operation, reducing your engine’s performance. Check your filters regularly, and if your vehicle seems to be underperforming, take that as a sign it’s time to check them again.
- Watch the radiator: Your radiator helps transfer heat from the engine into the air so it doesn’t overheat. That’s why it’s so important that the radiator fluid is clean and full. You may need to flush your radiator and replace the fluid—ask your local mechanic for advice on how to tell if it’s worn out.
Regularly checking your diesel engine in Corpus Christi, TX will help you keep it in top shape and catch any problems before they cause expensive damage.
Diesel engine maintenance in Corpus Christi, TX
Coastal Diesel Injection can help you keep your diesel engine running smoothly. When you need diesel engine maintenance services, give us a call. We offer complete repair and maintenance services, as well as a selection of high-quality parts and accessories for all types of diesel vehicles. Our friendly and knowledgeable technicians will match you with the right parts and service so your vehicle is in the best shape it’s ever been. Get in touch with us today to learn more or schedule an appointment.
Categorised in: Diesel Engine