The list of things that can go wrong with your vehicle is a long one. One of the most common issues we see, however, has to do with tire alignment. Anything from a fender bender to a pothole can throw off vehicle wheel alignment in Corpus Christi, TX, which is why it’s such a common problem.
Realizing your vehicle’s alignment is off isn’t always as easy as it might seem. Continue reading to learn a few of the top signs that it’s time to have your alignment inspected and adjusted:
- Sharp pulling: The most obvious sign that you have an alignment problem is if your vehicle pulls sharply to the right or left while you’re trying to drive straight. While pulling right or left is typically the result of misalignment, it could also be caused by underinflated tires. Bring your vehicle to a specialist for a checkup.
- Slight pulling: It’s less obvious than a sharp pull to one direction, but a misaligned vehicle may pull slightly while you’re driving in a straight line. To test if your vehicle is slightly misaligned, take your car to an empty parking lot and release the steering wheel while accelerating. If the car doesn’t travel straight, it’s misaligned.
- Uneven tire wear: Take a moment to check the tread wear on your two front tires. Do both tires have the same tread wear? If not, your vehicle may be misaligned. Since it’s not always easy to gauge tread wear, we recommend bringing your car to a mechanic for an in-depth inspection.
- Crooked steering wheel: If your steering wheel is straight, your car should be traveling straight ahead, too. If you find yourself fighting your steering wheel to keep your car going straight ahead, there’s a significant problem with your tire alignment in Corpus Christi, TX. Carefully navigate yourself to a qualified mechanic to get that issue sorted out!
Dangers of driving without having your alignment repaired
Fixing your tire alignment in Corpus Christi, TX is something you need to take care of right away. Here are a few of the dangers of driving without proper alignment:
- Accidents: The number one concern with a misaligned vehicle is getting into an accident. Drifting to one side of the road or the other can lead to something as serious as a head-on collision. Don’t put yourself or other drivers in danger—get your alignment adjusted right away.
- Blown tire: Uneven tread wear is a problem for a number of reasons. However, the top concern is a tire blowout while traveling down the road. Make a habit of regularly inspecting your tires and have them replaced if you notice any uneven wear.
- Worsening issues: Alignment problems don’t start and end with your tires. Over time, misalignment could cause issues with your steering column, shocks, brakes and other components of your vehicle. Ensure you don’t have to pay for these expensive repairs by having your alignment adjusted.
Bring your car to Coastal Diesel Injection!
If you’re having a problem with vehicle wheel alignment in Corpus Christi, TX, bring your car or truck to our specialists at Coastal Diesel Injection. You can rest easy knowing we’ll address all of your vehicle’s problems without charging a fortune!
Categorised in: Alignments