Every diesel vehicle owner should know that maintenance extends vehicle life, limits engine trouble and improves fuel mileage. What they might not know, though, is what’s included in the wide category of engine maintenance. That’s why we’re here to help. Continue reading to learn a few of our favorite maintenance tips for diesel engines in Corpus Christi, TX:
- Clean your engine: Diesel engines last longer than gasoline ones, but they can also pick up more dirt and debris along the way. Scrubbing the nooks and crannies with a toothbrush, wiping down the engine bay with a sponge and dissolving grease with a degreaser goes a long way in improving your fuel economy and extending lifespan.
- Check your air filter: A dirty engine filter can force your engine to use up more fuel and rob your vehicle of its performance. One of our maintenance tips for diesel engines in Corpus Christi, TX is to change the engine filter every 12,000 miles or as soon as you notice a dip in performance.
- Replace the fuel filters: Along with replacing the engine filter, be sure to swap out the fuel filters (your truck probably has two). Failing to replace the fuel filters can lead to a decrease in horsepower, the engine could stall or the fuel injectors might even explode.
- Care for the radiator: Diesel engines run hotter than gasoline ones, which means the radiator (which is responsible for cooling the engine) is more important. To avoid overheating and other issues, clean the radiator and cooling system, regularly top off the antifreeze and change the radiator fluid every 40,000 miles.
- Bleed the fuel system: Opening the fuel supply valve and using a manual fuel pump to bleed the system is vital in reducing engine trouble. Among other things, failing to take care of this maintenance step can prevent fuel from entering the combustion chamber.
- Change the oil: This one also applies to gasoline engines, but be sure to change your oil. Failing to change the oil can lead to serious engine troubles and decreased performance. In addition to changing it at the recommended intervals, it’s not a bad idea to top your oil off every once in a while.
Let us handle all of your diesel maintenance
Diesel engine maintenance in Corpus Christi, TX can be a DIY job. However, some things are better left to the pros! Here are a few reasons to bring your diesel engine to Coastal Diesel Injection:
- Full-service team: We don’t just provide standard diesel maintenance at Coastal Diesel Injection—our mechanics can tackle everything from engine repairs to aftermarket modifications to boost your truck’s performance.
- ASC-certified mechanics: Our mechanics aren’t just highly-trained—many of them are ASC certified. You can rest easy knowing your vehicle is in good hands when it’s in our shop.
- Fair pricing: There’s no reason to break the bank when you need maintenance or repairs. We offer some of the lowest prices in town for all of our services.
The next time you need a professional to handle your diesel engine maintenance in Corpus Christi, TX, visit our pros at Coastal Diesel Injection. Contact us today to schedule routine, drive-in diesel engine maintenance.
Categorised in: Diesel Engine