Diesel engine maintenance in Corpus Christi, TX is an important part of diesel engine ownership. Partnering with a certified mechanic for regular maintenance, choosing the right diesel engine lubricants and keeping your engine fine tuned are key to reliable and powerful performance. Use the following tips to properly maintain your engine and avoid breakdowns and surprise repairs:
- Idle first: Your turbocharger needs sufficient lubrication to function properly. If you start up the engine and race away immediately, there is not enough time for the engine oil to reach all the components. Let your vehicle idle for a few minutes before you begin driving.
- Use oil additives: To assist with the lubrication process, oil additives can be helpful. These products maintain peak levels of lubrication to help your engine parts run smoothly. They are often needed due to the high levels of heat generated by turbocharged engines.
- Use fuel additives: Whether you use biodiesel or ULSD fuel, you always need a fuel additive. This will ensure your injectors are flowing properly. Choose one that demulsifies water, so it makes operation as easy as possible on your vehicle’s system.
- Change the oil: Regular oil changes are a crucial part of diesel engine maintenance in Corpus Christi, TX. Follow recommendations from your manufacturer to determine how often you should change the oil and what products to use. Always take your vehicle to a certified mechanic for this task.
- Change the filter: In addition to changing the oil regularly, you must also change the diesel fuel filters. This is as important as using the right diesel engine lubricants in Corpus Christi, TX. Make healthy filters a priority for your vehicle to keep it running smoothly.
- Keep it cool: Don’t forget to maintain recommended coolant levels in your vehicle. Use products that are OEM recommended, and never mix coolants. A poor combination of coolants can generate a chemical reaction that wrecks your engine. You should not try to rely on water as a coolant, either. This does not maintain a healthy temperature the way a coolant product can, and it can cause your engine block to freeze in colder weather.
- Partner with the pros: The best way to ensure proper diesel engine maintenance in Corpus Christi, TX is to bring your vehicle to a certified mechanic. Regular visits to inspect and repair your engine will help you avoid more extensive problems. Your trusted mechanic can find any minor issues before they become major, and this expert will provide the service your vehicle needs to deliver reliable performance.
Get more tips
For more top tips and expert service, contact the certified mechanics at Coastal Diesel Injection. We service automobiles, trucks, marine and agricultural equipment of all makes and models. Our shop stocks all quality diesel fuel performance products, parts and accessories for your needs. We are your one-stop shop for diesel engine maintenance in Corpus Christi, TX. Stop by today or contact us with any questions at 361-289-6033. We look forward to becoming your engine partner for life.