While we might have “diesel” in our name and are known for our diesel services, Coastal Diesel Injection would like to emphasize that we do a whole lot more than just service diesel engines! We provide a full range of car maintenance services for any time you need a tune-up from a qualified auto mechanic in Corpus Christi, TX.
Here are just a few examples of some of the key auto maintenance tasks we provide to our customers:
- Oil changes: It’s important to regularly check and change your vehicle’s oil so you can keep your engine in good condition. A failure to stay on top of regular lubrication could result in significant damage to your vehicle’s engine, which can get very expensive to repair.
- Fluid checks: You should regularly check fluid levels in your vehicle, including coolant, brake fluid, transmission fluid, power steering fluid and windshield wiper fluid. We’ll check all of these during regular tune-ups to make sure the fluids are at the proper levels and in good condition, and add or replace fluids as needed.
- Light tests: Vehicle tune-ups are a good time to check your lights. A burnt-out bulb is a safety hazard and could result in you getting a ticket. If it’s not the bulb that’s a problem, it could be a fuse that needs replacing.
- Tire maintenance: It’s important to inspect vehicle tires regularly, and an auto tune-up is as good a time as any to do this. We’ll inspect your tires to make sure there’s plenty of tread left on them and look for any signs of other types of damage, such as uneven wear or sidewall damage. In addition, we’ll get your tires to the recommended pressure to ensure safe, efficient operation of your vehicle, and rotate your tires as needed (usually every 5,000 to 10,000 miles) to keep them in good condition for as long as possible.
- Brake checks: Your brake pads should be regularly inspected as part of good vehicle maintenance. If you’ve heard any noise coming from your brakes or felt strange vibrations or shudders, then it’s definitely time for you to inspect the brakes. An auto technician will be able to determine the extent of the wear and when a replacement is necessary.
- Filter changes: The engine air filter should be changed regularly to ensure efficient operation. The more dirt and debris builds up in the system, the more you’re likely to have issues with inefficient operation. It’s also a good idea to change the cabin air filter every now and then so you can ensure you’re getting clean air flowing into your vehicle.
- Replace wipers: Windshield wipers should be replaced a couple times a year so they’ll function properly and not leave streaks behind on your window. It’s a good idea to replace them once in the spring and once in the fall.
These are just a few examples of some of the car maintenance services we provide to Corpus Christi, TX vehicle owners beyond our wide range of diesel services. For more information, contact Coastal Diesel Injection today.